ROSLYN ROSS STEELER
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
3865 Cherry Creek Dr. North #230
Denver, CO 80209
Phone: (303) 322-1291
- Master of Social Work, June 1981, Michigan State University.
Major emphasis in casework with individuals, couples, and families.
- B.G.S., June 1978, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. Emphasis in clinical psychology.
- Marriage and Family Training Program, September 1984- June 1985. Department of Education at the Menninger Foundation, Topeka, Kansas and the Colorado Christian Home of Denver, Colorado.
- Ericksonian Hypnosis Training Program, March-August 1993. Yvonne Dolan and Charlie Johnson, Denver, Colorado.
- Advanced Ericksonian Hypnosis Training, April-July 1994. Charlie Johnson, Lakewood, Colorado.
- 2014, January, Understanding Adult ADHD: A Social Work Perspective, Colorado Society for Clinical Social Work, Denver, CO.
- 2013, April, “Evaluation, Diagnosis and Treatment of Adult AHD”, Colorado Academy of Family Physicians, Annual Scientific Conference 2013, Colorado Springs, CO.
- 2013, March, “Treating Adult ADHD, A Social Work Perspective”, Brown Bag Series, Graduate School of Social Work, University of Denver, Denver, CO.
- 2010, Quoted in Adult ADHD — Hidden Diagnosis, By Jennifer Van Pelt, MA, Social Work Today Vol. 10 No. 3 P. 14, http://www.socialworktoday.com/archive/052010p14.shtml
- 2008, May, Grief Education and Discussion for Isaacson, Rosenbaum P.C., Prominent Law Firm, Denver, Colorado.
- 2006, September, “The Nuances of Adult ADD”, Half Day Workshop, one of two presenters for N.A.S.W., Denver, Colorado.
- 2004, September, Nurturing Our Village through CHADD “Parenting Your Child with ADHD: The First Step-Recognizing, Understanding and Managing Your Own ADD. A Talk About Adult ADD”, Denver, Colorado.
- 2004, April, “What Does Adult ADD Look Like?” Inservice for The Colorado Regulatory Board for Attorney’s, Denver, Colorado.
- 1988, In-service for Robert Gore M.D., Obgyn. staff On "Diagnosing Depression," Englewood, Colorado.
- 1987, January, Clinical Trends of Depression through N.A.S.W., “The Role of Depression in Families”, Aurora, Colorado.
- 1987, October, “A Closer Look At Depression”, St. Luke’s (AMI), Denver, Colorado.
- 1987, November, “Understanding Depression”, St. Joseph’s Hospital, Denver, Colorado.
- 2014, Webinar on Organization, CHADD.
- 2012-13 September to September, Colorado Society for Clinical Social Work monthly seminars including Psychoanalysis, Trauma, New Practice guidelines and other topics. Denver Metro Area.
- 2012, December, CHADD Annual Conference (Originally in San Francisco 2012) Slides and Audio download of entire conference. Presenters including Russell Barkley, Hallowell, Henshaw, Pera, Dendy, Quinn, Tuckman, Goldstein and many more.
- 2010, April 8th, "Memory," Presented by Elizabeth A. Buffalo,Ph.D., Department of Neurology, Emory University School of Medicine
sponsored by Institute for Brain Potential, Denver, Colorado.
- 2009, November 18, Teleconference with ADD Expert Researcher Russell Barkley Ph.d. to Discuss Clinical Studies on Intuniv™ (guanfacine) Extended Release Tablets provided through Shire Pharmaceuticals, Denver, Colorado.
- 2008, August, "ADHD Thursday Night Live," Teleconference: With ADD Expert Researchers and Psychiatrists: Russell Barkley, Ph.d., Theresa Cerulli, M.D., David Goodman, M.D., Gregory Mattingly, M.D., Shari Sistrunk, M.D., Peter Salgo, M.D., Denver ,Colorado.
- 2007, April, "An Update on the Treatment of Bipolar and Unipolar Depression," presented by Fred Goodwin, M.D., Research Professor of Psychiatry, Director of Psychopharmacology Research Center at The George Washington University, former Director of NIMH, Denver, Colorado.
- 2006, August, “EMSAM: The First Antidepressant Transdermal Delivery System”, Alan Feiger, M.D., Associate professor of Psychiatry at University of Colorado, Health Science Center, Denver, Colorado.
- 2006, April, "Once Daily Single Isomer Therapy for Children, Adolescents, and Adults with ADHD," sponsored by Novartis, Anna Childress, M.D., Center for Psychiatric and Behavioral Medicine, and Focalin, Las Vegas, Nevada, Denver, Colorado.
- 2006, "Adults with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder," Speaker: Ann Childress M.D., Center for Psychiatry & Behavioral Medicine of Las Vegas, NV, Greenwood Village, Colorado.
- 2005, September, "Consequences of Bipolar Disorder and Mixed Episodes," Speaker: David Scheiderer, M.D., MBA, Assistant Clinical Prof., Dept of Psychiatric Medicine, U. of Virginia, School of Medicine.
- 2004, August, “Adult ADHD Revealed”, How often do you see adult patients with ADHD?, conference by Joan Shapiro, M.D., remote live audio conference, presented by Lilly, Denver, Colorado.
- 2004, September, “Updates on new antidepressant medication Cymbalta: The Duality of Depression”. Satellite Conference with National Experts through Lilly, Denver, Colorado.
- 2004, July, “Neurosocial Disorders: Developing a Comprehensive Treatment Plan” through Cross Country University, 6 hours C.E., Colorado.
- 2004, “The Aging Brain”, 6 hours C.E., Colorado.
- 2003, “The Phases of Biploar Disorder” with National Specialists. Satalite Conference, Colorado.
- 2003, "Using Strattera" with Psychiatrist Joan Shapiro M.D., Colorado.
- 2003, October, NIMH Presentation on Latest Research. C.H.A.D.D. (Children & Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder) Conference, Special session on Girls and Women with ADD with Kathleen Nadeau M.D., Denver, Colorado.
- 2003, August, "Comparison of Ritalin LA VS Concerta," with Paul Silva, Director of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry for NYU School of Medicine (Teleconference), Greenwood Village, Colorado.
- 2002, Talks with National Experts on Adderall XR provided by Shire Company, Denver, Colorado.
- 2002, Discussion Group with local experts and William Dodson M.D., about current research and literature on Adult ADD, Denver, Colorado.
- 2001, Talk on Double Blind Studies comparing Adderall and Ritalin through Shire, Denver, Colorado.
- 1998, Double-Blind studies "Ritalin vs Adderall." Presentation by Shire, Denver, Colorado.
- 1997, October, “Sleep, Diet, and the Brain”, 6 hours C.E. provided by Institute of Natural Resources, Thornton, Colorado.
- 1997, “Highwire Therapy, Balancing Efficiency, Excellence, Ethics and Risk in Solution Focused Treatment”, 8 hours C.E. provided by Merit Behavioral Care, Denver, Colorado.
- 1996, June, “Therapeutic Conversations 3: The International Conference on Narrative & Cooperative Approaches to Therapy” provided by Institute for Advanced Clinical Training, Inc.,15 hours of C.E., Denver, Colorado.
- 1996, October, Sexual Assault Response Protocol Training through Sexual Assault Interagency Council, Colorado.
- 1995, “Psychobiological Understanding of Mood Disorders: Making a Difference” provided by Health One, 5 Hours C.E., Aurora, Colorado.
- 1994, “Everyday Addictions”, 6 hours C.E. provided by CorText, presented by Carl Erikson, Ph.D., Denver, Colorado.
- 1985 and 1986, Family Therapy Conferences, Aspen, Colorado.
- 1983, The Evolution of Pyschotherapy, Phoenix, Arizona.
- 2011, Served as legal witness for local downtown law firm.
- 1/88 to Current - Private Practice, Evaluation, Diagnosis and Psychotherapy Treatment in a private setting with adults, adolescents, couples, and families. Specializing in Adult ADHD, anxiety and affective (mood) disorders, relationship and medical problems. Techniques include, cognitive, psychodynamic, hypnosis, family and problem focused treatment.
- 11/92-5/93 - Therapist, Psychological Resource Organization, Denver, Colorado. Assessment and psychotherapy with adults, adolescents, and families in a managed care environment. Treatment of affective, anxiety, post-traumatic stress and adjustment disorders, as well as many other DSM diagnoses. Participated in peer group supervision.
- 4/90-11/92 - Therapist, Metropolitan Clinic of Counseling, Denver, Colorado, (Cigna). Psychotherapy with individuals, couples, and families dealing with stress, medical issues, relationship problems, infertility, depression, anxiety, woman issues, and other problems in a managed care environment.
- 10/86-5/90 - Therapist, Depression Treatment Center, Denver, Colorado. Psychotherapy with individuals (adult and adolescent), couples, family, and groups. Inpatient and outpatient treatment and case management. Specialization in the treatment of affective and anxiety disorders. Public speaking and marketing.
- 1987-1988 - Local Support Group Leader for Parents with Infertility problems.
- 1987-1989 - Support Group Leader, Victims of New Born Loss, Aurora Pres. Hospital.
- 11/83-10/86 - Clinical Social Worker, Boulder Psychiatric Institute, Boulder, Colorado. Marital and family therapy and assessment in an inpatient adult psychiatric treatment unit. Knowledgeable in biological psychiatry through participation in diagnostic case conferences. Collected family histories for research articles for Robert Friedman, M..D., (University of Colorado, medical campus research psychiatrist). Therapist of psychotherapy and family groups. Assistant in the development of an eating disorder treatment program. Won awards for best evaluations, Social Work department.
- 1/82-11/83 - Patient/Family Counselor, St. Joseph Hospital, Denver, Colorado. Facilitated long-term and short-term psychotherapy for individuals, couples, and groups dealing with illness and loss in a hospital setting. Counseled patients (many elderly) and families in grief, crisis, and relinquishment situations. Participated on the Patient Education Committee. Coordinated discharge planning with patients and their families. Completed class in medical terminology.
- 10/80-6/81 - Outpatient Therapist, Lafayette Clinic, Detroit, Michigan. Psychotherapy with individuals, families, elderly adults, and couples. Seminars in marital therapy, diagnostic evaluations, and presentations. Group work with schizophrenics.
ACTIVITIES AND AFFILIATIONS: PRESENT AND PAST
- 2005, Listed as Resource for Treating Adult ADD under the name Denver Treatment Center for Adult ADD in Ned Hallowell’s book Delivered From Distraction, National Center for Gender Issues and AD/HD 1994-2007. CHADD (Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder) 2001 to present, “Professional” membership. Current member of N.A.S.W., previously with Allied Health Professional, Medical Staff for HealthOne (1990/1996). Alliance of Professional Women (1992/1994), ALMACA (1986-1988). Accepting some insurances.